A selection of our latest appointments:
Analyst / Associate - Real Estate Distressed Debt Investment
Real Estate / Private Equity
London / United Kingdom
Real Estate Associate - Hedge Fund
Real Estate Distressed Debt Investor
London / United Kingdom
SVP Acquisitions - Real Estate Private Equity
Real Estate / Private Equity
London / United Kingdom
Real Estate Debt Fund Manager
Real Estate Fund Management
London / United Kingdom
Vice President - Managing Director UK - Real Estate Asset Management
Real Estate Private Equity / Investment Management
London / United Kingdom
Search / Recruitment Consultant – Real Estate Investment
Recruitment / Executive Search
London / United Kingdom
Ref: RS10420 Role: Analyst / Associate - Real Estate Distressed Debt Investment Sector: Real Estate / Private Equity Location: London Salary: Circa $150,000 – $250,000
Our client is a US based Distressed Debt player looking to capitalize on European Real Estate Debt & Equity opportunities.
Working across Real Estate debt transactions throughout the UK and Europe the successful candidate will get exposure to new acquisitions as well as legacy portfolios, restructurings and new loan originations
- The appointment will be focused on the execution of transactions including analysis and due diligence whilst interacting externally.
- The appointment reports directly to the Head of Europe whilst liasing across the business.
- Real Estate Banking / Real Estate Structured Finance experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong communication both verbally and written.
- English language is essential for this appointment.
- Individuals who are grounded, mature and come with entreprenurial flair will excel in this appointment.
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience but no more than 7 years experience.
- This is a particularly exciting opportunity in an extremely well capitalised platform working for a distressed player which has an enviable track record throughout the market turmoil.
Ref: RS2010AMTF Role: Gestionnaire d'actifs Sector: Fonds européen et gestionnaire d'actifs Location: Paris Salary: Compétitif
Résumé du rendez-vous
Cette organisation est l'un des principaux spécialistes en immobilier sur les marchés régionaux et multi-loués dans toute l'Europe. Détenue exclusivement par ses cadres dirigeants, l'entreprise emploie plus de 190 personnes dans toute l'Europe, dans 13 pays. L'équipe gère environ 1.000 actifs commerciales, industrielles et de bureaux dont la valeur avoisine les €4.7 milliards.
Le siège est à Londres avec un réseau de bureaux en France, en Croatie, en République tchèque, au Danemark, en Finlande, en Allemagne, en Hongrie, au Luxembourg, aux Pays-Bas, au Portugal, en Pologne et en Slovaquie.
Description du rendez-vous
- De formation supérieure, vous justifiez d’une expérience professionnelle d’au moins 2 ans dans un poste équivalent
- Bonne connaissance des baux commerciaux et une forte capacité à négocier
- Maitrise de la modélisation des cash-flows sur excel
- Réactif, autonome, capacité de travailler dans une petite équipe avec le soutien des équipes centraux au siège.
- Bon niveau d’anglais oral et écrit
- Des déplacements en Province peuvent être à prévoir
Descriptif du poste:
- Organiser et piloter le gestionnaire d’actifs mandaté par l'entreprise ainsi que les commercialisateurs
- Interface avec les locataires, suivi du processus de recouvrement loyer, anticiper les risques locatifs, négociation des baux et des renouvellements conformément avec les objectifs définis
- Définir et proposer une stratégie pour chaque actif ainsi qu’un budget annuel
- Proposition et mise en œuvre de toutes actions pertinentes afin d'améliorer la valorisation et la rentabilité du patrimoine.
- Visite régulière des locaux
- Participation aux opérations d’arbitrage et aux opérations d’acquisition
- Préparation du reporting au siège pour les actionnaires
Ref: RS1102 Role: Portfolio Management Analyst Sector: Real Estate / Private Equity Location: London Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Our client is one of the leading owners, developers, investment managers and operators of first class real estate in the world. The Company’s commitment to excellence and its mission to create value for it investors and tenants, puts The client at the forefront of the real estate industry as it acquires and develops properties and manages its portfolio and its assets.
Since its foundation the client has acquired, developed and operated projects totalling several million square feet and comprising a global portfolio of several billion in total value.
They are currently looking for an Analyst to work in their Portfolio Management group. The responsibilities of the role are listed below.
This role relates to core & core plus investments across Western Europe:
- Contribute significantly to Annual Investor Report for the European Core Funds; liaise with asset managers across Europe to update fund performance metrics
- Responsible for Asset Strategy and Investment Decisions and Acquisition proposals to Corporate Investment Committee
- Monitor asset and business plan performance across Europe (with travel)
- Interact with other functions within the client to gather relevant data
- Oversee / assist with maintenance of detailed fund and asset models
- Oversee /assist with maintenance of European data base (along side Associate)
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reports, presentations, asset reviews, investor correspondence and Investment Committee reports
- Undertake market and economic research
- Provide support to the Asset Management and Acquisitions Groups as needed
- Work on a report-generating database for the European Core Funds; reducing turnaround time on investor queries
- Working primarily on 2 funds 1 of which is fully invested and the other open – ended and regulated so they raise capital on a quarterly basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced modelling skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Financial / Analytical skills
- General financial, accounting and capital markets understanding
- Excel modelling skills
- Good English skills – spoken as well as written
- Effectively listens to co-workers and responds to requests
Ref: RS10672 Role: Real Estate Associate- Hedge Fund Sector: Real Estate Distressed Debt Investor Location: London Salary: Circa £ 80,000 - £120,000
Our client is a leading hedge fund with several billion under management, due to strategic development and fresh equity they are looking to expand across the real estate space.
- Principal role is to analyze and assist with structuring high value real estate deals and execute effectively across the capital structure
- The focus is for someone with a background in property and investment management/banking with a strong track record in acquisitions / asset management and a personality which fits with the firms unique culture
- The appointment will take the lead on financial modeling and will also support the co-ordination of due diligence
- Work closely with the Principal in executing the strategy and pipeline across the European market
- Post transaction management of investments including asset management strategies, assisting with investment/divestment decisions, financing and working closely with external consultants
- Proven exposure and demonstrable track record within Property investment across Europe is ideal
- Strong financial modeling, analysis and research skills
- Experience across, negotiation, execution, realization and asset management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small / tight and growing team
- Proven experience of the regional marketplace with an emphasis on European real estate projects playing a pivotal role in the deal and follow through
- Relevant work experience & track record gained within a Real Estate Private Equity buisness, investment bank, possibly investment management side of a surveying practice and/or investor/developer with a European footprint
- Strong academic credentials
- An additional European language is desirable
- Demonstrated confidence, maturity, and a proactive nature
- Working with high levels of autonomy the successful individual will need to have entrepreneurial flair and strong business acumen
- Must have demonstrated commercial experience and inter-personal skills to deal professionally, with credibility, integrity and confidently at senior levels
- Must be a team player with good judgement
- The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to progress quickly while working alongside some of the most highly regarded investors in the market. Therefore you should already be rated amongst the best in your current team
- Willing to be London based. In addition there is likely to be travel in Europe
Ref: RS10496 Role: Real Estate Debt Fund Manager Sector: Real Estate Fund Management Location: London Salary: Comensurate with experience + Upside
Our client is a leading Global Asset Manager with an enviable track record looking to grow a significant Real Estate Debt Fund focused on the UK / Europe.Initially the focus of the fund will be senior secured mortgages in UK however there will be the opportunity to diversify the product offering across the capital structure throughout Europe. Because of the structural dislocation in the market they are looking to take advantage of the space and have the ability to hit the ground running with origination capability. However in time it will be essential to grow the Real Estate debt team.
- Function is to lead the Fund in alliance with Head of Real Estate / Internal teams as the Real Estate Debt Fund manage
- The individual will play an active role in the development and marketing of the Fund
- The individual will be expected to develop new business development opportunities in the Real Estate debt space
- The individual will also be expected to support the existing Real Estate team with refinancing and raising finance secured on Real Estate assets
- The individual will work closely with other members of the Real Estate team, and in particular to leverage the existing resource base for underwriting of newly originated commercial mortgages
- It will be essential to market the debt business externally as well as internally
- Provide leadership into new business development in the Real Estate Debt area
- Strong Academics
- An understanding of and ability to develop fund strategy and investment processes in a rapidly changing environment
- Product development in the Real Estate debt space
- Track record in Real Estate lending (origination, management) in UK and ideally also Europe
- Experience of developing / launching new products
- Preparing and presenting to new clients and existing clients
- Knowledge of fund accounting issues
Ref: RS2615 Role: Search / Recruitment Consultant – Real Estate Investment Sector: Recruitment / Executive Search Location: London Salary: Competitive
Redset – Real Estate Executive Search is an established hybrid Executive Search firm that works within the niche sector of Real Estate. Head Quartered on Savile Row, London, Redset has a solid reputation Globally.
Redset is currently expanding across the platform at both Junior Associate level and Senior Consultant / Director Level. Applicants will ideally come from a Real Estate background, however, experience in other industries will also be considered.
The business has a tailored approach including Executive Search and Search & Selection. Redset is seeking individuals who have a solid track record of achievement, (in personal and professional life) and ideally have knowledge and relationships within the finance sector, including private equity, banking, hedge funds, etc.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant experience or clear potential
- 2.1 or above from a Redbrick University
- Language skills – additional European languages are preferable but not essential
These appointments will suit individuals who would like to work in an entrepreneurial environment; someone who wants ownership of their role and that wants to grow within a boutique style of business.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this role and would like to be considered, please send your CV to us.
Ref: RSBS67423 Role: SVP Acquisitions - Real Estate Private Equity - Germany Sector: Real Estate / Private Equity Location: London Salary: Circa €170,000 – €250,000
A European asset management company with an outstanding real estate private equity platform are currently looking to secure a senior level acquisitions professional.
As part of our current growth plans, we are looking for a senior individual to head up opportunistic investments across Europe. The role would suit someone with an extensive track record of leading successful investments across Europe and who is looking to move up to the next level.
The role will be based in London.
- A successful track record of opportunistic investment in the German market.
- An ability to originate investments, either as real estate private equity or joint ventures aiming to achieve a higher return in real estate.
- Analyse deals and lead due diligence process.
- Post transaction management of investments including involvement of key decisions of the underlying companies including asset investment/divestment, financing and approval of corporate business plan. Sitting on boards of operating companies/joint ventures. Potential involvement in existing investments located in UK, Sweden, Spain, Germany, Switzerland and France.
- Manage team members.
- Management of the exit of transactions realizing value on underlying investments.
- Fluency in English and second European language is preferrable.
- Team player.
Ref: RS260215 Role: Vice President - Managing Director UK - Real Estate Asset Management Sector: Real Estate Private Equity / Investment Management Location: London Salary: Competitive
Our client is a leading global investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Real Estate Division leverages proven best practices, team experience, and market knowledge in delivering investment and asset management services. It provides loan and real estate investment services and asset management to investments where the business has an interest, serving as a partner to other divisions across the firm, including Merchant Banking, Securities and Investment Management. The Real Estate Division has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
This role will have key responsibilities in generating and managing real estate related investments. This is a key hire to expand the firm's real estate exposure in the UK and Ireland. The candidate will execute these tasks in co-ordination with senior Management and the different investment and lending divisions.
- Work collaboratively to achieve department and firm objectives
- Develop and maintain market relationships with appropriate vendors and other industry participants
- Keep Senior Management informed about potential decisions’ impact on assets
Sourcing / Underwriting
- Sourcing of potential investment opportunities
- Analysing and presenting opportunities and risks inherent in specific sectors and markets
- Overseeing valuation analyses and due diligence processes
- Coordination of internal and external resources to analyze investments opportunities
- Responsible for deal closing processes
- Oversee and/or directly manage a diverse portfolio of commercial and multifamily REO assets
- Responsible for oversight of third party asset managers and property managers
- Formulate and execute strategies to maximize value through knowledge of real estate markets and value-add strategies
- Negotiate with leasing prospects, property management companies and other vendors
- Lead disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing
- Coordinate with third party leasing and sales agents
- Prepare and present annual budgets, forecasts and other written reports to Senior Management and internal clients for review and approval
- Review and prepare recommendations for major leases, capital investment and dispositions
- Strong academic background
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Inquisitive by nature with detail orientation and intellectual curiosity. Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines ensuring high quality reports
- Well developed network in the UK market